Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I am a bit baffled as to the logistics of a good bad art opening. Had I been consulted in advance, I would have declared tonight's photo show horrific and artistically weak in every and all ways. Also cheap, with a sexualized title to garner quick notice. If I had been privileged enough to receive the actual invite (rather than word-of-mouth) I most certainly would not have gone. And yet it was one of the best events I've been to in weeks. People I genuinely wanted to run into were there and I just don't understand how or why. Why did everyone seem to know that this would be cool? I'm headstrong enough to beleive myself incredibly savvy but perhaps there are clues to be percieved only after languishing about in new york for years upon years? Or maybe its a social thing, as in the photographer is of a certain social network? Yet these feel so intangible (especially in tonights instance where connectivity amidst attendees was particularly baffling).

No comments:

Post a Comment